NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (10x03 sneak peek)
'Bout time Sam had a wake-up call. Maybe realized the whole world doesn't revolve around him…that maybe he's the reason they live such a shit life.
I’m sorry (I’m not sorry) but, what? In what sense is Sam responsible for the misery of their life?
Let’s go through some of the ACTUAL reasons their life sucks, shall we? And I’m limiting this to the things that effect both of them so that this list isn’t just unreasonably long.
- A demon murdered their grandparents, manipulated their mother into making a deal, and then later murdered their mother when they were little, as well as having anyone who could have told them anything about her killed.
- Their father raised them in an unstable, violent life and drilled into them that loyalty to family was the most important thing, and that loyalty to family meant unquestioningly obeying his orders. This fucked them both up, though in different ways.
- That same father ran out on them and withheld information from them about the very demon that he had raised them to believe it was their PURPOSE IN LIFE to hunt down.
- After demons caused a car crash that would have been fatal to Dean, their father made a deal so that he died instead, leaving them alone and grieving. He also, bonus, gave Dean a scrap of terrible information about Sam right before he died, which was fucked up on many many levels.
- Sam was killed because the demon that had already killed/ordered the killing of pretty much their entire family was running his own version of the Hunger Games.
- Dean made a demon deal to bring Sam back, which landed him in hell. When he comes back, he has to live with the memories of what was done to him, and what he did, while there.
- Angels and demons lied and manipulated both brothers into breaking the first and last seals, thus freeing Lucifer so he and Michael could bring on the Apocalypse.
- Demons/hellhounds kill Jo and Ellen, who are basically family.
- They then had to fight both angels and demons in order to save the whole world, and in the end Sam had to jump into the Cage to be tortured by two royally pissed-off Archangels while Dean had to stay behind and try to move on.
- Cas got too big for his britches and tried to rescue Sam from the Cage, but brought him back without his soul.
- Cas teamed up with Crowley and manipulated/coerced the Campbells and soulless!Sam and eventually Dean into helping them find purgatory.
- Monsters kill the Campbells, who may have ranged from pretty all right to shady as fuck but they were family.
- Monsters also kill Rufus, one of the few people on the boys’ ever-shortening list of friends and allies.
- When Dean found out Sam was alive, he was not longer able to be happy in the more or less normal life he was living with Lisa and Ben, so he got back on the road and started hunting again with soulless!Sam.
- Sam gets his soul back and has to deal with what he did while soulless, which includes a lot of guilt because soulless did some seriously fucked-up things.
- They figure out Cas has been lying to them, Ben and Lisa get hurt, Dean decides that the solution to that is to have Cas mess with their memories, which is both a huge violation of them and a way to slam the door on that avenue to normality forever.
- Cas smashes the wall protecting Sam from his Cage memories, incapacitating him and making it so Sam has to deal with horrible memories and intense hallucinations.
- Cas opens purgatory and lets the Leviathan in, does a really terrible job of being God, and then basically dies.
- Dick Roman kills Bobby, who has been their father-figure for forever and was also basically their only friend who they talked to consistently.
- Sam’s hallucinations get so bad that he literally cannot sleep and he almost dies. Cas, alive as it turns out, saves him at the last moment. The hallucinations are gone, but the hell memories aren’t.
- They take out the Leviathan, but Dean and Cas get blasted into purgatory and Kevin and Meg get captured by Crowley in the process. Sam, devastated and alone because he believes Dean and Cas are dead, gets out of hunting and, like Dean did after Sam jumped in the cage, finds a little happiness and normality with Amelia and Riot.
- Sam’s relationship ends, and then he finds out Dean is alive and back from purgatory, so they start hunting together again.
- Sam undertakes the Trials so they can close hell forever.
- Crowley kills a bunch of people they saved years ago in an attempt to get them to stop the Trials.
- Metatron, henceforth to be referred to as King Douchecanoe, manipulates Cas into closing heaven and chucking all the angels to earth. Meanwhile, Dean decides that he can’t let Sam die even if it means slamming the gates of hell, so Sam stops the final trial at the last minute.
- Dean tricks Sam into saying yes to an angel in order to save Sam’s life. He then proceeds to lie to Sam for months, to the point where Sam is questioning his sanity and wondering if maybe there’s just something fundamentally wrong with him.
- The angel turns out to be shady as fuck and uses Sam’s body to murder Kevin, once again shortening their very short list of friends.
- They kick out the angel, Dean bails because he doesn’t want to deal with the consequences of his actions, and Cas does his best to heal Sam physically while only partially succeeding at providing the emotional support Sam needed at the time.
- Dean, despite the warnings of Cain himself, takes on the Mark so he can kill Abaddon, thus setting out on a downward spiral of aggression and violence.
- King Douchecanoe kills Dean and Crowley brings him back as a demon. demon!Dean runs off with Crowley, leaving Sam hurt and grieving and confused.
Yes, clearly Sam thinks he’s the center of the universe and clearly their sucky life is his fault. It’s just so obvious.
I don’t think it’s wrong to say that Sam is the cause of many of their problems, but it is definitely wrong to blame him for it, because he did not choose to be the problem.
And by that I mean, giving a brief example, the existence of Sam led to Lucifer wanting to come out led to Ruby messing with their lives led to the apocalypse led to Dean and Sam going to hell led to… you know the plot, and these are troubles.
But Sam was not the one who decided he should have Cain’s bloodline and be the perfect vessel. He also was not the one who decided he should be born.
We very specifically have evidence from CUPID that John and Mary was a match made in heaven, literally.
We also have evidence that when they were going back in time to stop Anna and possibly stopping Sam from being CONCEIVED, he didn’t object.
Put even more simply, if a child has a disorder and the family has to go to more than usual trouble to have a normal life, can you blame the child?
there’s no way you just said that. there’s no way you reblogged a post from me and said this because that’s wrong on so many levels
bc sam exists that means he’s the root of the problems?
first off, lucifer wanted out bc he was trapped and pissed and wanted to fuck everything off and it didn’t matter if it was Sam or anyone else because they literally could have used another person, but they bred Sam for this purpose. The angels, who existed before Sam did, bred him and his brother to be the perfect vessels.
Also, if you want to go by that logic, let’s just get to the nitty gritty and blame God because he invented the angels who brought Mary and John together (AGAINST THEIR WILL- newsflash, Mary and John disliked each other greatly before being forced to fall in love) who had Sam and Dean.
Sam was out of his mind with grief and what Ruby did to Sam was despicable: taking advantage of a man who couldn’t properly consent, who was so emotionally distraught that it made her job that much easier to slip in. And let’s not forget the angels that IGNORED Sam, his prayers, everything about him in order to bring on the apocalypse.
And wow, so because Sam didn’t object to his deletion means that somehow proves he’s the root of all their problems? Do you know the kind of shit Sam has gone through, how low his self esteem is, how emotionally and verbally abused he’s been to be brought to such an a low as to agree that his birth was the catalyst for all the bad things in the world?
You wanna blame anyone, you blame all of heaven and hell who conspired DECADES before to breed the perfect vessels to accomplish their goals.
And lastly, I don’t know what kind of shit you’re trying to say with that last bit about the child with the disability. That’s a really fucked up thing to say and is a false equivalence: Sam’s life was dictated at every step and is in no way similar to a disabled child adding difficultly to a family and that’s so unfair to say that you can blame a disabled child for that. How does that even make sense? You’re basically saying that Sam’s very nature fucked everything up and that ignores the actual reality that the Winchester’s lives have been herded to specific spots for specific reasons.
How dare you even use that kind of equivalence.